Saturday, June 27, 2015

another bicycle ride

This past Thursday morning, the weather looked good and I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to go on another bicycle ride.  What I usually do is hop on the bicycle and then just head out without a specific destination.  That day I went out along the Ochiai-Gawa, which runs behind Christian Academy in Japan. 

I thought it would be interesting to follow the river all the way to it's beginning.  Here is a group of students. 

I assume they were on some sort of field trip.  There seemed to be a lot of students! 
I ended up in NishiTokyo, which really isn't too far, but I went down a number of narrow roads, weaving back and forth.  I stopped at this intersection and took a picture of this pedestrian walk over this busy street.  
It zigs and zags a bit to get across to the other side.
 This spot caught my attention because of the number of wires and lines.  I remembered that I was thinking, it's amazing that we don't lose power more often with all these wires above ground, but there aren't many trees to take down the wires either. 
As I turned back towards home, I ended up on this path which brought me back to the Ochiai-Gawa.  
 Sometimes pictures don't do enough justice on the the beauty you can find here.  I found these.  The colours were more vibrant. 

So, I came to a railroad crossing and was behind this vehicle that had this emblem on it.  I'm thinking they may be from France?  
It wasn't a terribly long ride, but it was interesting.  It is always interesting to go on roads that I have not been on before, or at least I don't remember being there before.  I am grateful that I have the opportunity to do some exploring.  God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment