Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Winter Break

This past weekend was a long weekend for staff and students at Christian Academy in Japan.  It was our winter break.  The VanderHaak's invited me to come with them to the cabin up by Tagajo, near Sendai.  I do enjoy going to the cabin as it usually is a chance to relax.
It was pretty windy there when we arrived and stayed windy until yesterday, Monday evening.   There have been a lot of construction in the area, but the beach seems to change every time I come back to visit.  They have completed much of the berm, at least halfway down the beach. 

Lone seagull

Part of the beach still being worked on.
Completed berm, so far.
A close up of the berm.

Here they are taking the casings off of the cement jacks.  This is across the road from the beach.   On the beach they have used these cement jacks as barriers and a way to control the erosion.  
Each morning when I got us, I took Hana for a walk around Takayama Beach Company property.  Tuesday morning,  I took my camera along and took some pictures.   You can see that it was windy the last few days, lots of ripples in the sand.  There are some interesting rock formations.
Beach is calm today
Interesting combination of rocks
Distinctive layers
Ripples in the sand
Power plant towards Tagajo
On the last day, before we left to go back to Tokyo, we stopped at the look out, which gives you a 360ᵒ of the area.  At this look out there is a shrine.  I took a couple of pictures of this shrine, as well as taking a couple 360ᵒ videos.

You can see Shiogama through the trees
Add caption

Looking East
Here is the videos that I put together. 

I didn't get as much homework completed as I had hoped, but it was still a great time away from Tokyo.  Tomorrow, it's back to work, although I've had a couple of teachers text me, warning me about snow in the forecast.  😃 






No comments:

Post a Comment