Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saturday activities


What do you usually do on Saturdays?  I try to sleep in some.  By the time I get to Saturday, I'm kind of tired and would like to "get caught up."  I know, the theories about keeping the same sleep routines, but I do like to sleep in, especially if I've had a couple of nights where there wasn't as much sleep as I may have needed.  It is one of the reasons why I am so grateful for weekends. 
I also use Saturdays to do things I may not have time to do during the week.  One thing I do is laundry.  I am fortunate to have a decent dryer, but I usually only use it for the towel/underwear load.  The rest of the laundry gets to dry naturally, meaning they hang to dry.
I have a bar out on the deck where I hang my shirts to dry.
Inside, I have this handy hanging contraption I use to dry my pants and such.
The sweaters usually have a space on my love seat, under my towels to dry. 
Cleaning the apartment is one of the things I tend to do on Saturdays.  I do my dishes and vacuum, some dusting.  It feels good when things are in order and clean.  
Today I also went on a bicycle ride.  The weather was nice and sunny, about 11ᵒC.  I rode with Ruth and we went on a route we have gone before. 
Here's the map of our route.
There is a planned Starbucks stop on our route, before we head back.  It's a great place to stop and enjoy a cup of coffee.
This Starbucks has a nice place to sit outside.
One of the things I enjoy about Japan, is the vegetable stands.  You can find these stands in many places usually not too far from fields that grow the vegetables.  The vegetables are seasonal, so if you're looking for cauliflower, you may not find it.  Today I bought these vegetables.  I hope to use the spinach for making dinner this evening. 
Big radishes!
Spinach
For the rest of my Saturday, I intend to work on some homework for my class and probably watch a movie.  It was uneventful, but I'm happy with what I did today.
So on a total side note, this past Tuesday evening I went to Harajuku to church to attend a Bible study.  On the way, I walk past a Softbank store and there in the window I saw one of these robots that were featured on CBC's The National.  These robots were used with sick children in a Toronto hospital.  I thought it was amazing that within days of watching that show, I saw this robot! 
I hope you are able to enjoy your Saturday and that you have an even better Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment