Thursday, December 20, 2012

Disneyland Tokyo!

Yesterday was a very long day!  I was up by 5:15 a.m. and didn't crawl back into bed until midnight.  It was a very full day!  Here's what I did... ready?  Wait for it... DISNEYLAND TOKYO!  ok, maybe the lead up was bigger than the punchline deserved.  :)  I have not been an avid Disney person but I do remember when I was young, waiting to be able to watch the Wonderful World of Disney on TV.  It was one of the few TV shows I could watch.  
So, I was invited by a family, the Erwins, who attends and works at Christian Academy in Japan to go with them to Disneyland.  I thought it would be a good opportunity to see one the tourist attractions here in Tokyo. We caught the 6:49 a.m. train from Higashikurume, switched trains a couple of times and were at Disneyland Tokyo!  It felt like the Disney parks in the US, even with palm trees.  The only problem was the temperature!  It was only 8ᵒ C, or 45ᵒ F!  I was wearing my winter jacket with a couple of layers underneath and my gloves!  It didn't fit with the times I had visited Disneyland in California or Disney World in Florida, but it was an adventure anyway!  
I felt that we had been able to get on to a number of rides over the course of 13 hours.  We rode the rides for or visited Buzz Lightyear, Monsters Inc., Peter Pan, Mark Twain Riverboat, Pirates of the Caribbean,  Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Enchanted Tiki House, Country Bear Theater, Tom Sawyer Island, Cinderella's Fairy Tale Hall, Mickey's PhilHarMagic, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Pooh's Honey Hut, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Captain EO, and Giant Circuit Raceway!  Not bad, eh?  
There were a number of similarities between this Disney park the the other Disney parks, but there are some differences.  There was a fair amount of English available, although a number of the rides were in Japanese, which really makes it interesting when you're used to a certain voice in English and you get Japanese!  Here are a couple of clips...
 
Here are some pictures, you can find more at www.flickr.com/photos/wlangelaar
Entrance to Disneyland Tokyo

My 1-Day Passport

The famous Cinderella Castle

A view from the Castle

From atop the Mark Twain Riverboat

The Christmas Tree in the World Bazaar

Looking up the Christmas tree from the bottom

It was a very fun day spent with the Erwin's.  Today however is a day to rest and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment