Friday, July 16, 2021

Washington, DC

 Having lived in Silver Spring/Rockville, Maryland for 15 years, one of the things I miss is going down to The Mall.  Each time I come back, I try to make it to The Mall or one of the museums.  Yesterday, July 14th was the day this trip that I went downtown.  Here's a photographic accounting of what I saw. 

The Metro trains seem to have been upgraded since the last time I rode it. 

The Capitol

Looking towards the Lincoln Memorial down The Mall

Reflecting pool by The Capitol

Towards the Supreme Court

My Home and Native Land - Canadian Embassy




Looking up in the rotunda.

Original Smithsonian

Washington Monument

The Mall

Lunch

White House from The Mall side.

Floral Library

Panarama of the Tidal Basin

Path around the Tidal Basin.  These are Sakura trees from Japan.



Thomas Jefferson Memorial


Lots of Canada Geese


George Mason Memorial




One of my favourite memorials, Franklin Delano Roosevelt



Eleanor Roosevelt





Fireside Chats






Lincoln Memorial


From the Lincoln Memorial down towards the Capitol

Vietnam Memorial


Memorial to the Signers of the Constitution

WW2 Memorial - Atlantic side

Facing the Pacific side of the WW2 memorial


White House from the Pennsylvania Avenue

Not sure what he was protesting about...

Each has it's own reason for demonstrating.

They wanted action taking in Cuba

I have always enjoyed visiting the Mall and enjoyed my day.  Lots of great things to see and I was grateful that I had the opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment