Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Northwest Branch Trail - Maryland

While I was in Maryland, I was staying with friends, who graciously provided a great bedroom, my own bathroom and also provided excellent food and fellowship. In addition, we did several activities such as walking, pickleball, hiking, and a bicycle so I could go on some rides during the day.  I am very grateful for friends willing to open their house to a person staying for almost 4 weeks!  

On my last day in Maryland, we decided to go on a bit of a hike, maybe like 5 km along the Northwest Branch.  It was a beautiful hike along the creek.  The weather was also very nice.  Mark took some pictures for me, as I left my phone at the house.  






Proof that I was actually there. 

I certainly enjoyed this walk along the water.  It is a fairly easy hike, and I would recommend hiking all or parts of it if you are in the Silver Spring area in Maryland.  It was a great activity on my last day.  Thank you, Mark and Jean, for hosting!  


5 comments:

  1. Good morning from Maine (at least it is morning here anyway, about 7:00 am). I am so happy to have found this blogspot of yours! Thank you for sharing it. Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you, my friend from what seems like a lifetime ago. ~ Ellen ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am well Winnie. There have been several changes in my life since we last connected, but I still say, I am well. Strange thing... I was working in a little neighborhood garden we have here in Portland (where I live now) on Saturday and my mind turned to you, so much so, I decided to "google" you. Strangest term, isn't it? I found your blogspot, grabbed a cup of coffee and have truly enjoyed reading your posts on your life in Japan. And, you are a middle school principal! There is no doubt in my mind that you are a wonderful administrator. FYI - I have been teaching at the middle level now for over 20 years (mostly 8th grade math and science). I have been serving as an instructional coach (for teachers) for the past couple. Although this past year, during COVID, I was part of a remote only team, so taught 7th and 8th grade from home. Lots of screen time...

      I hope your time in quarantine passes quickly and you are able to get out and about soon.

      I am reluctant to put much more in the way of personal information out here, so, if you are interested in catching up, please feel free to email me. Do you have my email address? I just recently signed up for alerts from your blogspot.

      Your pictures are fantastic BTW.


      Delete
  2. Thank you Winnie. I'll email you in the next day or so.

    ReplyDelete