Saturday, October 18, 2014

Tama Hills bicycle ride

It is the fall season of sports at Christian Academy in Japan (CAJ).  Cross country is one of the fall sports.  Most of the meets are on Saturdays, although there have been a couple during the week after school.  The Saturday meets have been at Tama Hills, at a US base/recreation area.  I have figured out that it is about 17.5 km from my house to the start line of the cross country race.  One of the reasons I go on Saturdays is because I do enjoy the bicycle ride.  There is a long hill you have to go up at Tama Hills, but there is a pay off, in that you get to go down the hill when you come back and there is a store that sells US goods, like Cheetos and Kraft Mac 'n Cheese (yes, I can't figure that craving out either).  Today on the way back, I took a few pictures.

This is the route I took.
It's quite lush across the road from Tama Hills.
Tama River
Going over the bridge that crosses the Tama River.
A two-way street.
Crossing the tracks.
Sometimes there isn't a lot of room to bicycle on the road.
When I bicycle, sometimes I ride on the sidewalk and sometimes I ride on the road although when I ride my cross mountain bicycle, I tend to ride on the road.  On of the roads I follow is the Koganei Kaido.  I thought I would take some video.  My camera was in my right hand while I was riding, so it's a little bumpy.
Saturdays are great days to do some things outside of school.  I am very appreciative of weekends.   

No comments:

Post a Comment