Sunday, June 15, 2014

Trinity Sunday

A friend of mine invited me to come visit Tokyo Union Church.  I thought today would be a good day.   I found out that today is Trinity Sunday, so the sermon was about the Trinity, God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit based on 2 Corinthians 13: 11 - 13 and Matthew 28: 16 - 20.  
Front of Tokyo Union Church
Inside during the service.  The pastor was behind the head but he was projected on the wall. 
It is truly an international church.  There were people from Africa, North America, Asia and Europe.  Those were the only ones I knew, there may have been folks from South America, Australia and Russia.  It was interesting. The service was all in English, except there was a soloist during the offering, who sang in English and Japanese.  I did enjoy the service, although it was a bit of train ride to get to the church. 
The church is just down the street from the Oriental Bazaar.  I popped in after church to see what sorts of gifts they had.  I was able to make a few purchases. 
I am always fascinated by Tokyo, the busyness and just how many people are walking down the sidewalk.  The street where the church is on, they have a Ralph Lauren, Dior, Burberry, Armani and many high end stores, the kind where they have a man in a black suit standing at the door.  If you walk down the street, chances are fairly high someone would be speaking English, at least that was my experience.
It was a good service and had a chance to walk down some of the streets of Tokyo on a Sunday afternoon.  I hope you had a good Trinity Sunday and Happy Father's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment