Sunday, July 5, 2020

Farmer's Vegetable stands

One thing I really appreciate about living here in Japan is the number of vegetable stands you can find around the Kiyose area.  Just within a kilometer radius of where I live, I know of about 5 - 10 stands or there is one vending machine where the farmer puts produce in and you put the 100 yen in the slot and it opens the door to the  vegetable.  I tend to think about this too late in the day, except for this morning.  I thought I'd hop on my mamachari and bicycle around to see what is available in the vegetable stands around here.  I came away with a decent amount of produce. 

Add caption
It is great to be able to purchase directly from the farmers.  At one stand the farmer was there and I greeted him and thanked him for the produce.  You can see them working out in the fields gathering the vegetables some days.  They are usually out early. It is great to have farm fresh food in the house. 
The 7/11 by my house also has a little farmer's market where there are fresh fruits and vegetables, whatever is in season.  I have also been blessed by the landlord sharing the vegetables from her garden right beside where I live. 
I certainly can't complain and feel very grateful. 













1 comment: