Sunday, September 1, 2019

My days in Maryland

I left on a Monday to fly across the continent to Maryland.  It took me through Minneapolis for a quick change in planes.
My first night was in a hotel in Crystal City, near the Ronald Reagan Airport.  The next day I went over to the Bratt's.  I took a few walks in the nearby Sligo Creek Park.
There were a lot of deer there, but I heard they did some culling the last few months.  I was always amazed at the wildlife that live so near a city.
I chose one day to take a trip down to The Mall.  My goal was to visit one of the new museums.




 I was able to get into the African American Museum.  It was my first time, a very interesting place to visit.

We even had a Cake Walk at CAJ this past spring.













 Being downtown I had to walk down the mall to see some of the monuments. 



 To my surprise, I found a memorial to the Japanese Americans during World War 2.














I am really grateful to God that I am able to pop back to Maryland every other year to catch up with friends. It was a very good visit and I enjoyed walking through the African American Museum.  Looking forward to my next visit.  


















1 comment: