Saturday, January 19, 2019

Checking out the new and old neighborhood

Today, I went for another run/walk.  I decided to go through my neighborhood and head on over to my old neighborhood.  
On my way there, I was struck by the gardens.  They had all been cleaned up and ready for the next planting in the next month or so, I believe. 
They had torn down the shed but the house was still in place. 

Note the satellite dish is hanging there but the antenna was still on the roof.

I lived in this house for about three of the six and half years I have been here in Japan.  I am grateful to Covenant Mission for allowing me to live in there, especially when I was taking care of Hana.  I understand that the house will be torn down sometime soon.
There was a change in the road.  It has always been a two way road, but it was quite narrow and it took coordinating if you and someone else was driving in opposite directions on this road.  They widened it at the end so there is room to turn onto the road and to exit the road. 
Looking up towards the Covenant Mission house. 
It is widened by a meter and a half.  They took space from the gardens on the left of the picture. 
I did make one stop at the Starbucks by the Kiyose for a drip coffee.  The weather was warm enough to sit outside by the tables on the sidewalk.

It was a sunny day today and the temperatures even went into the double digits (in Celcius).  Another beautiful day and a bonus was that my laundry was able to hang and be all dry by the time the sun went down today.  Another blessed day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment