Sunday, November 11, 2018

EARCOS Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I had the privilege of traveling with some of the Educational leadership people at Christian Academy in Japan, to the East Asia Regional Council of Schools (EARCOS) Leadership Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.  I flew out on Tuesday, October 23rd and returned to Japan on October 27th.
The first day of the pre-conference was a good session on curriculum.  There were a number presentations during the regular conference on topics such as conflict, brain research, managing change, as well as keynote speakers, Sir John Jones, Pasi Sahlberg and Kim Phuc Phan Li.  Here are some pictures.

The place where the conference took place.

At the Concorde where we stayed.


An interesting slide from Sir John Jones
 In the evenings we mostly went out and about to find a place to eat dinner.  We found this walking street that had some interesting decorations.




 At the Concorde they did have a fitness room as well as a swimming pool.  The fitness room was a great place for me to get in a good workout.




Petronas Twin Towers

One evening we were sitting in the lounge when we noticed this group of people who came for an event.  They were dressed quite beautifully.  


One of the keynote speakers was Kim Phuc.  She was quite an inspirational speaker.  I have read her book Fire Road since than and find her life story quite amazing.

Kim Phuc is the girl in the center of the picture that is projected on the screen.
Garden area in the Shangri La where the conference was held.
Two of my colleagues gave a presentation at the conference.



 On the last day in Kuala Lumpur, we did some exploring and found some interesting sights, a market, mosque, and some of the contrasting architecture.




Add caption


We took the red eye flight back to Tokyo.  I was tired when I finally made it to my place.  I was glad for the learning I did during those four days.  I am blessed to have been able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment