Saturday, August 11, 2018

Bicycle ride to Arakawa

One thing I am trying to do this summer is go for significant bicycle rides at least once a week.  What I usually do is hop on my bicycle and head out in a direction.  As I bicycle I'll turn left or right depending on what I feel like doing.  Generally I aim for about 30+ km, especially if I leave mid-morning as the temperatures are in the mid 30's or so.
If I head east I end up at the Arakawa at some point, if I continue that direction.  It has beautiful bicycle paths on either side of the river.  I haven't arrived at the same point of the Arakawa any time I have been there.  This time also brought me through some tall grass and some paths that probably were not fully designed for bicycle riding.  I took a couple pictures along the way to share with you.  Enjoy the view.



I did stop to purchase a couple of bottles of water.  I'm glad there are vending machines all over Japan.

It was a good ride, but I admit, it was quite warm on the way back and I was not so speedy.  I am glad for the beauty I was able to view from my bicycle seat.  I am grateful for the country that I live in currently and enjoy these opportunities to explore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment