Saturday, December 13, 2014

Just a few things I've seen the last few weeks.

There has been a lot of activity over the last couple of weeks.  I have not been taking a lot of pictures, but here are a few. 
Hana relaxing on the chair in the cabin.
Rest Area on our way back to Tokyo from Tak.
Riding the train back from church.
Not very full train.
Mikan!
Apple Crisp
Every year the seniors raise money for their service trip to Thailand in the spring.  One of the fundraisers is selling apples from Nagano.  The price is very reasonable, ¥500 for 13 apples.  They are great apples to eat, and to make a variety of apple recipes, such as the apple crisp. 

Grade 2 class singing carols in the Academic Office at CAJ.
As a part of the grade 6 Bible curriculum, they have Passover.  It's very fitting to have this right around Christmas, the time we remember to celebrate Christ's first coming and look forward to his second coming.  There are a lot of symbols in the Passover that tie in with Christ's life, death and resurrection.  One can imagine Jesus' disciples sitting with him in the Upper Room sharing that meal together. 
Grade 6 class getting ready to start Passover.
Seder plate



My little tree
Two cards, giraffe, elephant and a shell.
I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to decorating at Christmas.  Most times I don't even decorate.  Two years ago when I had my first Christmas in Japan, the grade 1 and 2 classes at Washington Christian Academy sent me a little Christmas tree with ornaments from the students.  It's kind of cute. 


The night before we left Tak, I took a video of the night sounds.  You can hear the sound of the waves at the beach.  Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment